Saturday, June 02, 2007

Short and Not Sweet

I went to bed late last night, woke up this a.m. at 7 with a pounding headache, which sure enough, soon turned into a migraine with its accompanying side effects (I'm lucky, I get the nausea WITH the vomiting). I stumbled to my purse where I keep the tylenol p.m. handy, ate a few, got some ice to put on the back of my neck (I read somewhere that that helps) and the next thing I knew it was 2 p.m.!!

I think I was in college the last time I spent that long in bed! And I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone at the time! Or barfing! I felt weak, but did some laundry then took back the new clothes I bought last week to replace everything I gave away.

Sigh.

I ran four times this week! M, T, Th, and Friday. Friday I went beserk and ran two miles straight. My initial 9:43 minute mile has calmed down to a nice respectable 11 min mile slog, but it's OK. I'm running! I warm up, run 1.5 miles, and cool down. It feels good. I just need to figure out how to get to work early enough on the bus so I can get my run in, shower, and be in my seat, all chipper and ready to go, by 8 a.m.

Weekends are really too short to be sick.

15 comments:

LBTEPA said...

O no! Why did you have to take back the clothes, you running speedfiend you?

peter said...

Feel better! No clanging the cymbols over the bear today, eh?

Neese said...

bless your sweet self, I hope it's all past now... and wait, the beds weren't single beds in college? ;)

IronWaddler said...

Glad you're back to the running. It does suck being sick on a weekend. Any races in your training plans?

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Migraines suck. Sorry it spoiled the day. Took the clothes back?

21stCenturyMom said...

Oh no! I'm sorry your head went on an uncessary tirade - no fair.

Do tell about why the clothes all went back - inquiring minds want to know.

Good job on the running - and remember, there was a time when hitting a 12 minute mile was a major victory. And now you scoff at 11 - HA!

Black Knight said...

Sorry for your migraine. I know very well what it is! And what a pity always during the week end! Running 4 times a week is very good, congrats!

MNFirefly said...

Migraines SUCK, but I have been blessed to catch mine early enough before the nausea hits. I do not EVEN think about going that far...period.

Great job on the running.

a.maria said...

ooh, bummer on not feeling well. but FOUR TIMES THIS WEEK!!?!?! are you nuts!?

thats awesome! way to go!

m said...

You need to get Imitrex nasal shots. I hear they are awesome.

Glad you feel better.

David said...

Tequila shots are good too.

Anne said...

Oh, migraines are the worst. I have Imitrex for mine, but it sure doesn't knock you out like Tylenol PM. I think I'll try the cheaper version next time.

And, looking back, somehow I missed the post about Laurie's visit. You are such a good blog host. I just a meetup with Dawn of the Pink Chick fame. I sure hope she didn't read your account or she'll feel ripped off that we just met downtown for lunch.

Runner Susan said...

migraines suck rocks . . . oiy, I've been there and can feel your pain.

Now what's this about returning newly purchased clothing?

Larissa said...

Nuts to the Migraine! I think you are entitled to call in sick for a makeup weekend day. I mean, if you called in sick to work during the week, they'd expect a make-up, right? You follow my reasoning here. They give you any trouble, you send 'em to me.

And, there ain't nothin' wrong with 11 minute miles. That's about where I spend most of my time and its all good.

Run on, sistah!

Anonymous said...

when i was a kid, i thought they were migrating headaches.

i never had any until recently. they don't migrate. they just plop down and stay. what is that all about?

i'm only sorry we didn't hear more about what you did in the sack during college.