Phedip vs. BlogFather SmackdownComplete Running is hosting a fascinating debate between Mark the Blogfather, and Steve Runner of Phedippidations podcast fame about marathon and long-run nutrition-ing (new word). Lots of weirdness goin' on over there.
No freakin' kidding! How about tomorrow. Tomorrow I will wish I'd started today.
A year from now you will wish you had started today.
- Karen Lamb
Five Weird ThingsOK, someone wanted to know five weird things about me.
1. I can't remember who though. I am horrible with real people and names, nevermind blog people! People. Have a heart.
2. I never ever ever ever buy or use paper towels. Or napkins. And when such things were part of Number One Daughter's life, diapers. Always cloth. Saving trees, and all that.
3. I must always be near an open window. Even in the dead of winter.
4. Except at work, where I don't actually have a window, so there I have a heater on at all times, even in the dead of summer.
5. I adore the clothes from the 40's and if I could get away with it, (which I can't, I'd just look weird), I would dress the part every day.
6. I totally hate that gloves for women went out of style. Did I mention I have a germ phobia?
7. Ditto hats. We should all be wearing hats. I luuurrrrrve hats.
8. So this is more a list about things I prefer, not actual weirdnesses.
9. Oh, here's one: I sleep in a crib. Sort of. OK, it's a daybed, twin-sized (what else?), but it has 3 walls. Add one more and well, it really would be a crib. But it's cozy!
10. Nothing tastes as good as soy yogurt with crumbled up graham crackers.
11. I refuse to pay $1.25 to use the dryer.
12. I take my oatmeal like a man—straight up, plain. Explains the hair on my chest.