- Figured out that my niece should be teaching French at a private school instead of current job which is under-using her talents, because I know what's best for other people;
- Composed entire post to Mr. Right, telling him off (p.s., this is an imaginary person);
- Composed blog post about the guy who lost 72 lbs and ran
MiamiDisney and got flack from some elite runners because he got a mention in the press even though it took him six hours, whereas the winners apparently didn't get enough press, and explain to elite runners (cuz they are so reading this right now) that, though this is totally unfair, their victory is not as newsworthy as is the guy who lost 72 lbs and ran a marathon. Because that is unusual. Explain what is news and what isn't. Especially in a country of overweight people;
- Remember to tell everyone that I signed up for audible.com so that I can download books on tape for the weekly ride to and from Charlottesville to visit my mother (first download: "The Lighthouse," by P.D. James (totally addictive, btw)) and whoo-hoo, for $22 join-up fee, I got an i-pod shuffle thrown in! Wonder what the catch is;
- Started worrying about very strange comment that I left on Noames's site, quoting a WWII song, "I'll Be Seeing You," which I thought appropriate since she is leaving for SENEGAL. Wonder what people will make of it (song is now also on my personal internal i-pod);
- Also on my personal, internal i-pod is "Wall of Death"—you know, that ride at the fair where you are standing upright and whirled in a circle and centrifical (or is it centrifugal?) force pushes you against the edge until you puke? There's a song about it, and it's in my head;
- Tell people that all hills in Bethesda are fake. They are merely overpasses;
- There are birds here. Lots of birds, despite evil highways;
- Trees starting to bloom. That will be bad when winter comes;
- Write about fixing things versus throwing them out. Fixed watch instead of replacing it. Of course now it doesn't beep. Which is why I ran longer than I was supposed to;
- Blog about why I can't write;
- Blog about smiling at 50 people every day; tried this on run; smiled at six people; felt stupid; but got six smiles back, and one "way to go." Hmm. Something to this;
- Bex. Tell everyone that Bex is my coach, so if they don't like my training program, they should write to her;
- Fear. Blog about fear.
And that people, is what easy running leads to.