Friday, March 07, 2008

And Away We Go!

I can't possibly leave the post below as the last thing before I take off for SXSW Interactive. I mean, what if something HORRIBLE happened, like I decided to MOVE to Texas—permanently???? Would I want that last post to be my legacy???

Plus, I'll be hobbing and nobbing with all sorts of VIPs. What if one of them googles me (God forbid)?

And I do happen to know for sure one BIG SECRET celebrity I'll definitely be meeting.

Runner Susan, I promise if I meet Dooce (Saturday, March 8th, she'll be at the Halcyon Coffee Shop, 218 W 4th Street, Austin, Texas 11 AM - 1 PM, unfortunately I get in at TWO; WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR????), I'll give her a big wet one for you.

I've brought 57 outfits for 4 days. Weather report says 38F Saturday morning, 70F later in the week, so I'm pretty much doomed. Of course, the whole event takes place in the Austin Convention Center, where the air conditioning is no doubt set at sub-zero.

MANY thanks to all the SICK PEOPLE at WORK (you know who you are) who dragged themselves in ...cuz I am now SICK AGAIN. I am sucking down this fizzy Airborne drink, even though it has been scientifically discredited. Desperate times, etc.

There's even a SXSW runners' group on facebook, so I'm hopeful I'll get my 13-miler in. Someone told me there's a route with peacocks at the end. I'm totally down with the peacocks.

With that, I leave you with this: instructions for my next sport:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you moved to texas, you and i would hang out here (http://www.lakeaustin.com/) when i came to visit my mom in georgetown.

Rich said...

Don't let those quacks mess with you. Airborne works. Cuz.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Peacocks! Are they anything like turkeys? Because turkeys are mean and would probably chase you. Motivation to run faster!

David said...

So you'll be airborne with airborne manufacturing kidney stones.Perfect. Maybe the peacock will cure you with its feather dusters.

Neese said...

hope the trip goes well and you get to run and all :)

Jade Lady said...

Oh, I'm so envious. Have a great time - hope you'll be feeling better once u get to Austin. Stop by our favorite Runtex store and take a run around the lake, and if you're into swimming, make sure to stop by Barton Springs downtown in Zilker Park, or at least stop by and take a peak - it's beautiful. Free entry thru March, I think.

Would love to hear how things are going at the conference, if you have any time to write a post on it.

BTW. you might be tempted to stay in Austin too. It's a fabulous place to live, especially if you want more sunshine. I was a N.VA person for many moons, and I made the move several years ago to the Southwest, and never looked back :-)

21stCenturyMom said...

I am so jealous. And they have cowboys in Texas, too.

I don't care what science says about Airborne - it works.