Thursday, August 09, 2007

Déjà Vu All Over Again

I swear I'll get thank you for this, LBTEPA! I have the oddest feeling that I've answered this before. But nevermind, let's see what I come up with this time around:

Jobs I’ve Held

Nursing home night attendant, driver for the Boston Transit Authority, temp for the Library of Congress, waitress at Mr. Donut (my first job—foreshadowing?)

Movies I Can Watch Over & Over

Best Years of Our Lives******
Bridge on the River Kwai
Truly, Madly, Deeply
Liar, Liar

My Guilty Pleasures

Blogging
Reading
Watching crap TV
I have an intense love/hate relationship with donuts

Places I have lived (in order)
New Haven (that's in Connecticut, for my international readers), Boston, Arlington, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; Bethesda, Maryland

Shows I Enjoy
Mystery!
Masterpiece Theater
What Not to Wear

Places I Have Been on Holiday

Ireland, London, Spain, Montreal, St. Catherine's, Ottawa; Lake Champlain, Vermont; Rehoboth Beach, Delaware; San Francisco, San Diego, Tijuana, Mexico; Big Sur, Disneyworld, Disneyland, New York City (well and all states between Massachusetts and California if you count the four-day bus trip I took for $99 from one coast to the other in 1977.)

Favorite Foods
Nicely done salmon; good Indian food; mango and sticky rice

Websites I Visit Daily

Bloglines; Daily Kos, Crooks and Liars, Washington Post, New York Times

Body Parts I Have Injured
(Does this include childbirth??)
ITB

Awards I’ve Won
Second place fiction for the Hartford (Connecticut) Courant New Writers Award 1975 (think bleak and morose);
Best New National Project, National Jaycees—for the 1992 Alternative Candidates' Debate (See? Proof is provided!)

Nicknames You’ve Been Called
Jolly Green Giant (grade school kids aren't all that imaginative);
Jeannie

(As Nytro would say: Who reads this crap? Although I am proud of my awards. They're my fallback position when I wonder where my life went.)

Anyway, I'm sparing all of you and tagging no one. You have lives to live!

5 comments:

Rich said...

You're a real Colonel Bogey fan ...

21stCenturyMom said...

I had to skip the awards question - I think I might have gotten one for something, sometime but I can't really remember what it was.

iJuls said...

Thanks.

David said...

we are more different that I thought.

IHateToast said...

i've been on the bridge over the river kwai. i've stayed at a backpackers' place that floats on the river kwai. i've never seen the movie.