Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sometimes You Just Need to Stand Still

Well, I decided.

That's that, then, for now.

It was hard, but no looking back, right?

Someone asked me today if I thought this whole "running thing" was propelling me to take risks. Ya know what? It totally is.

And that's amazing. Especially for a big scaredy-cat like me.

I'm a little sad about my decision. But I probably would have been sad either way.

I'm trusting that it's not the only such opportunity I'll ever have in my life. And sometimes, the risk is in staying with the hard thing, instead of, well, running away from it.

****

P.S. Ran my fastest 3 miles this morning: 31:47 (10:35/mile). Cool, huh?

4 comments:

21st Century Mom said...

Double congratulations for a double victory - you made a hard decision and you ran really fast. You will be rewarded, of this I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Like Kenny Rodgers (looks like he's even in favor of Gallowalking) said...

You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table.
There’ll be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done.

Nice run, too, BTW. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are at peace with your decision. That's what matters.

jeanne said...

Ya know, I have no idea whether I made the right decision or not... but either way, it's a learning experience, right? Tonight am feeling like not ...
I probably won't know (sorry to be so elusive!) for quite a while. And either way, in this great big world of ours, it probably won't make a hill of beans of a difference one way or another.

But thanks so much for all your support--you guys are the best!!!