Sunday, August 03, 2008

Run Don't Walk

Just as I was slowly coming down from my triathlon high, this e-mail landed in my inbox:
I helpfully circled the part in red that you should carefully read. And in case you can't read it, it says "Introducing the Best of the Blogs. Jeanne Not Born to Run, blah blah blah.

You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Title Nine Sports asked me a while ago if they could feature one of my posts in their new blog, Take Timeout With Title Nine. Who's gonna say no to a request like that? Of course!! I said yes and promptly forgot about it.

A few days ago I got a note letting me know that the blog would be up and running soon. That's nice, I thought. The next thing I know, I'm on Title Nine's homepage, and in their newsletter!

Woot!

This kind of stuff NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!

There's even a cherry on top: A nice Title Nine gift card.

So there is my 15 minutes of fame. And lest you think I'm a total tool for fawning over them, let me direct you to a long-ago post where I actually wrote about Title Nine and their great bras, on my own initiative, before they gave me stuff. They seriously do have the best bras around, with a cute little barbell rating system. (The more barbells, the bigger the girls, with the less bounce.)

In less exciting developments, I have declared all-out war on running. I am determined to get better at running, and to eliminate taking walk breaks FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. I mean there's nothing wrong with walking, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with run/walking or walk/running, except that I don't want to take walk breaks. Only I must want to because I'm constantly walking during my runs. Except I honestly don't want to walk. So then why do I KEEP WALKING during runs?!?!?!? (SEE? Like that. Constantly. In. My. Brain.)

So here's my plan: I am going to run 3 miles over and over and over again until I get over the urge to walk, and I don't care if it takes me the rest of my life.

Today was day 2 of run/no walk 3 miles. So far, so good!

16 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Congrats on the major shout out! I hope you remember the little people when you are a world famous blogger :-)

Okay, so doesn't training for running seem so much less complicated after this triathlon stuff? Seriously, I think a weight has been lifted since I don't have to get out a kajillion workouts a week and only have to swim and bike if I want to. I have a new commitment to running and actually reaching my non-lazy potential (in my world that is a sub-2:10 half).

Runner Susan said...

I'm so proud! My little Jeanne is all grown up - she runs, she swims and she can ride her bike without training wheels . . . and NOW she's famous too! You go girl.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a fantastic shout out, good for you! You deserve it!
As for running goals, I'm trying to go faster. It is tough, but I'm working on it steadily lol. Of course I curse a lot but I do get through most of my training runs that way :0) Perhaps that will help you out a bit? Just my tip of the day lol!

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats!!! I've gotten Title Nine catalogs often but never really thought of their stuff as being for serious endurance sports athletes. Maybe I need to take a look at their stuff again!

And keep up the running with no walk breaks. I have a similar quest with doing the breast stroke when swimming :-)

Thomas said...

Wow, that's great. You're a blogging celebrity now - and well deserved, too!

LBTEPA said...

Oooh! You famous thing you!
You will conquer the walk! You are Jeanne the Olympic Triathlete and multimedia superstar!

Anonymous said...

so now that you're a big wig, does this mean you will charge people to sign their chest? how much will i have to save?

Mmem said...

You are famous!!!!!!!!!! Please remember us little people, too...

GL GL GL on eliminating walking!

Jade Lady said...

Congrats! It's so great that others are going to discover your blog - yours is definitely one of my favorite blogs to read as I draw so much inspiration from u.


Good luck in your running quest!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! Wooo hooo, dreams do come true. I can remember you saying, back when you walked with a cane,"maybe if I could run and write about it, that would really be great." WE ALL AGREE!Congratulations! Also, congratulations on eliminating walking from your runs....you're done!

peter said...

Your famous, Jeanne! Congratulations on the well-deserved honor.

warriorwoman said...

I need to join your run/no walk program, I really, really don't want to do walking.

Susan said...

Congratulations! And way to go on the run.

Sunshine said...

Congratulations, Super Blogger!!

"... if it takes me the rest of my life..." fantastic determination.
I don't think it will take that long.

Roxanne said...

Congratulations on the publicity! I spent a small fortune on bras from Title Nine a few years ago, and I can't wait to wear them again. (I got pregnant right after buying them, and two babies later, the bras are just now starting to fit again.)

I love reading your blog. I'm a cyclist, not a runner and definitely not a swimmer, but I know I need to add running to my workouts. You're an inspiration, and I think it's great that you are getting out there and doing this!

Rich said...

Hooray for you!