Tuesday: 2 miles (plus spinning in the a.m.!)
Wednesday: 3 miles (75F!!)
I'm halfway to my goal of running six times this week. (Don't believe me? Check my running log!)
What morals can we draw from this little half-completed exercise?
- If your feet ain't happy, you will hate running. (Mizunos!)
- When you set a short-term goal, running becomes non-negotiable. Today, I honestly could NOT fit a run in. There was no way. I had morning meetings, afternoon meetings, meetings to set up meetings, meetings to debrief after meetings, and after-work meetings. And ... I fit in a 3-mile run. At lunch.
- Of course that meant I missed lunch. Or, since I rarely take a real "lunch," I just missed eating anything at my desk. Or eating my desk. Poor Planning on my Part. Or, let's just blame work. During one of those meetings (may I use the word interminable here?), I honestly thought I would gnaw my arm off.
- So, I broke, fell off the no-sugar band wagon, and had a pop tart. OK, OK, I had two. I tell you, I was desperate.
- I forgot what #5 was.
- Oh yeah, weather. Beautiful, gorgeous spring. The kind of weather that makes running, well, dare I say? Easier.
- I don't want to jinx it, but I'm actually starting to like running. Two 1/2 years in! Is solid consistency the secret? Who knew? And if you did know, why didn't you tell us?!?!
Stay tuned. More important lessons comming your way.
Now, appropos of nothing in particular, except: I loved this actress, it's a fun song, and a peak into 40's slang:
Betty Hutton, RIP. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. I especially like the GI's dancing.