Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is This Thing On?

I joined Team Z. I am all IN for Eagleman. IN!

I joined (and went to first workout!) the Montgomery County Road Runners Speed Development Clinic, which I also did last year. It's a b***-buster, but it works.

I signed up for (and went to class #1) on "Writing the Personal Essay."

So. Is this what mania feels like??

(And just for the record, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, involved with the gentleman below. He's just some arm candy, people. It is entirely possible, however, that there is a crush going on in my life. I am too much of a lady to say more.)

I am also IN TRAINING to meet Runner Susan on Jan. 30 (not so much in training for the half-mary we're doing.) Training for the RS event mainly involves drinking lots of wine, which I have well under control. I am also in training for the sidetrip to Austin to see Little Miss Runnerpants. I'm not sure what I should be doing for that. Brushing up on my karaoke skills??

Blogland is a wonderful place!

I am off to New York City for the weekend.

Things are looking up.

I am in love with this song. I want to marry it.

16 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

I can't feeling like I should be heading for Texas. Don't forget to say hi to Coach Tammy, too.

And I can't wait to see what comes out of your class. I'm sure it will be brilliant - certain of that.

gmgizmo9 said...

Jeanne, congrats on joining Team Z! I am on 'hiatus' from them till 4/1, but I just started going back to their swim practices one morning a week.

I hope to see you/meet you in person this spring!

Enjoy NYC this weekend!

Vic said...

Enjoy Austin!! I hope the weather around these parts clears up before you arrive. It's such a pleasant time of year when it's not raining cats and dogs.

Lesser is More said...

Wow - BIG news! Glad to hear the mojo is back ;)

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Oh Jeanne you are inspiring! Enjoy your weekend! I did compu-trainer the other night at Conte's. It was a workout!
Hope to see you on a run on a Saturday morning soon!

Anne said...

The writing class looks interesting, and no doubt will have an impact on future blog posts - yes? Or do we have a memoir in the making?!

MNW said...

Long time listener...I mean reader, first time commenter.

Another Housemartins fan--and so beautiful--can get me typing faster than anything.

Glad to see you're back on the horse...sometimes you've got to leave things in the dirt to realize how precious they are!

Janice said...

Way to go Jeanne! Have a great weekend and I am jealous, I have never been to Austin.

Larissa said...

Whoot, whoot! Eagleman. You go grrrrl. And say hi to aj for me. She's good people.

Whoot! One more time.

Judi said...

hey hey! have a fun time in NYC.

MJ said...

Welcome back - sounds like you're off to a great start to 2010! I'll be very interested to hear what you think about the writing class....I just found them online and haven't gotten to getting myself to sign up for anything yet. :)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Have fun in NYC! And don't mind me, I'm just some randome strange chick wondering through blogland...lol.

ShirleyPerly said...

YAY for Team Z!!!

Glad to hear you are back in the game. Safe and fun travels to you.

LBTEPA said...

May I just say I AM SO JEALOUS you are doing a half!!! You legend you

Rainmaker said...

Glad to see you caved. :)

That's the spirit! So..about that fall marathon. Hey, it'd take far less time than a half-iron! Plus, there's generally no swimming involved.

Catharine said...

Yay!! So glad you joined. This might be the kick in the butt I need to make it to a group workout. Send me an email (to my gmail account) and let me know what you're up to!