1. I'm back from Austin.
2. Met AJ.
3. She's funny.
4. Austin is great.
5. Went on run with aj, and the entire TOWN was out running. At night.
6. Talked to the Ironwoman Coach Tammy (newly moved to Austin from Seattle--the last place I didn't see her) by phone--but she was TOO BUSY getting her ph.d. on to come to dinner with us.
7. Austin is not near Houston.
8. Austin should totally be on a coast. Preferably the east coast.
9. Got the best haircut of my life here.
10. Immediately put on a hat and ruined it by going running.
11. Sat in conference room all day yesterday.
12. Award for best snacks at a conference: Chocolate milk, ho-hos, twinkies, and those red snowball things. No actual food products were served.
13. I feel like a cow.
14. I have no training plan.
15. I found CrossFit near my house. It's intense. Not sure how much it costs.
16. I need to do the 100 pushup challenge
17. Or I could check out the Y.
18. Cuz don't forget I need to work on my swimming.
19. And running.
20. And biking.
21. Am seeing Tri nutritionist on Oct. 6.
22. And getting colonoscopy on Oct. 10.
23. David Byrne played in Austin last night. I could have gone, HAD I KNOWN.
24. How is it possible that I manage to leave town the DAY BEFORE Austin City Limits starts?
25. David Byrne is coming to D.C. the day my annual SILENT RETREAT ends.
26. David Byrne obviously has a thing for me.
27. Tomorrow I'm going to Bike D.C. ("a noncompetitive, community bike ride through 17 car-free miles of Washington, DC.") and then going to the National Book Festival where I hope to see Alexander McCall Smith (I'm a sucker for a man in a kilt). Wanna come?
28. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.
29. Am toying with thinking about doing this, which aj is doing next week.
30. Please stop me.