But this tag is different! Fun-ner! Thanks Rich!
Come along into my secret fantasy life:
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Irish coffee, decaf, with Jamesons, no whipped cream. Got that?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Of course wrapped! Badly wrapped, I might add.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights inside. A house? You have a house?
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Of course. I'll take it however I can get it...
5. When do you put your decorations up? One week before Christmas. If I had my way (which, come to think of it, I generally do), it would be Christmas Eve. The way it's supposed to be.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sweet potatoes, in any form, whatsoever (yes, even with gross melted marshmallows).
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When the fighting stopped? Then again, that was rare. Don't have one.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Huh? What are you talking about? What truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Always. One gift, and it must be p.j.s The way it's supposed to be.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Motley collection of miscellaneous ornaments. Nothing matching--ever! The way it's supposed to be.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! SNOW DAY! (Ok, it never means this anymore, but it's burned into my brain that snow=staying home. Used to, anyway.)
12. Can you ice skate? Disaster waiting to happen.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Every handmade thing Number One Daughter has ever given me (that's the virtuous answer). Non-virtuous answer: Haven't received it yet. There's still time, people!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Music, friends, Advent, religion.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Buche de Noel. Tough getting that regularly, though. Especially since I'm not usually cooking ...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Queuing up at 4 a.m. in the cold outside the Kennedy Center for the free Messiah-sing-along tickets! Then, dragging various people to the Kennedy Center to attend said sing-along. If I do nothing else, this is it. The way it's supposed to be.
17. What tops your tree? An old broken down angel. The way (say it with me now) it's supposed to be.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? (Hmmm, do I go virtuous, or not? Not!) Getting doesn't feel so bad, I gotta say.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Easy! "See Amid the Winter Snow," from the album, CHRISTMAS CAROLS FROM OXFORD: Choir of Magdalen College, Oxford. Followed by "Once in Royal David's City." (I'm such a music snob.)
20. Candy canes? Eh.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, with Major Award!
22. What do you leave for Santa? A great big mess.
Now, I tag:
Anita, and last but never least, Bold.